ANDRZEJ MIKOTAJ Musica Baltica 6: Organ Sonatas & Variations Hybrid SACD
Thanks to the tireless efforts of the Gdansk composer, organist, and ensemble director Andrzej Szadejko, the lavishly reconstructed organ in Gdansks Trinity Church experienced its rededication last year. This opulent instrument by the Wegschneider Company in Dresden has forty-one stops on three manuals and a double pedal unit and represents the state of development that it had reached around the middle of the eighteenth century. In addition, the meticulous registration of works by Theophil Andreas Volckmar and Daniel Magnus Gronau lends special authenticity to the revival of the Late Baroque Baltic-Hanseatic tonal splendour. This Super Audio CD is a top-quality three dimensional production offering listeners the opportunity to experience the magnificent acoustics of Gdansks mighty Trinity Church as if they too were there. While performing with two hands simultaneously on three manuals and employing the large and small pedals in keeping with historical prescriptions, Szadejko breathtakingly reveals a neglected chapter of music history.
1. Theophil Andreas Volckmar: Sonata I [in F] A Due Clav: Et Pedale
2. Sonata II [in D] Pieno Organo
3. Daniel Magnus Gronau: Choral Partita: Es Wird Schier Der Letzte Tag Herkommen
4. Theophil Andreas Volckmar: Sonata III [in B] Pieno Organo
5. Sonata IV [in G] Pieno Organo
6. Sonata V [in G] A Due Clav: Et Pedal
7. Daniel Magnus Gronau: Choral Partita: Komm Gott Schopffer, Hevliger Geist
8. Theophil Andreas Volckmar: Sonata VI [in C] Pieno Organo
9. Bonus Track - Tanyec Polsky Primo Et Secundo
Release Date: 29 Nov 2019
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.